• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beware of GL truck at Shelby

WeBeJeepin

I am fairly new here so I just emailed an admin and asked if it was ok to post this info and he said OK. I went to Camp Shelby in Hattiesburg, MS yesterday to look at a couple of trucks coming up next week and just wanted to let ya'll know that I believe the truck in Lot # 6379 (1967 Kaiser M35a2) has a pretty bent frame just before the rear axles. You can't tell from the pictures on GL, but when you walk up to it you can see that where the bed meets the frame there is about a 2 inch gap in the front between the frame and bed. I looked at several of the trucks near it and all of them were sitting fine. I am kicking myself now because I had a camera in my pocket but didnt think to take any pics until I was on the way home. Please realize that I am not hardly an expert on these trucks, but I am a former construction surveyor and I can tell when something ain't sitting level. I was excited about bidding on this truck until I looked at it and I am sure glad I did! Also, the other Kaiser on auction (Lot 6378) was not a kaiser but an AM General with a bunch more miles and hours. I emailed govliquidation just to let them know and they took that truck off the site within hours. She said somebody got the pictures and descriptions confused. I hope I don't mess anybody up, but I just don't want somebody to get screwed. I learned more yesterday afternoon than I have in the last 6 months on the internet. You can't pay for the knowledge I received at Shelby!

503m715

Was the air gap at one end of the bed? If so the frame and bed can move enough to allow for a gap between the frame and bed. Esp. if there is weight at one end of bed, or on uneven ground. Note the springs used on the bed bolts. They allow for movement/ frame flex.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks