• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bid on shipments site?

ohiohmmwv

Are there any well known shipping web sites where transporters can bid on your shipment? I'm sure some of these smaller trucking companies trying to fill up their load would be cheaper than some of the quotes I'm looking for. Currently looking for a shipment from CA to OH.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, and all bad. Watch the TV show that glorifies idiots that transport peoples items.

There's a darn good reason that professional shippers charge as they do.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched the first season of Shipping Wars on TV and DH is correct, a real shipper is going to cost more because they didn't graduate from clown college. (Yes, that insults clowns everywhere.)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To add to my comments above, anytime I have contracted/hired a professional trucker/shipper, I have been satisfied with the end result.

I can't say that for Uship shippers.

dogtags

Thanks for the heads up on uship.com I also found citizenshipper.com but I've never heard of it before. Anyone have any experience with uship?
We used uship to move some armored vehicles last year. You need to do your research on your bidders before you award them the contract. The company we used was a professional towing company from the area the vehicles needed to go, so we never thought about them. It was a great experience and we plan on using them again.

~Robert

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used U-ship 3 times, always worked out well. It's kind of like ebay, look at their feedback. Heck; you can call them and ask questions before awarding the haul to them.