• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big Green Triple AAA Moving an Rigging

We as in Pop and i bought a storeage trailer when ask how we gonna move this i calmly told Dad not a problem Andy is jumpin up and down to try out the new dolly conveter he has built . So after hours of beggin and pleading i was able to convince my friend that this was a good chance to make a maiden run with the dolly yes it was a virgin so the next morning i show up at Andyindys and as always greased the 5th wheel and off we go . got to the trailer the relized hay we wont have any lights and no chase vechicle but it will be ok dolly slid right under the trailer plenty of room over fenders and plenty between the fenders and tires. so out of the hole and to the road we go duece handled it fine like it was not even there . but out on the road it was looking like the circus had come to town people really look when the trailer is so much bigger than the truck. but we waved and drove on just like it was not even there . when it comes to fabbing something and pictureing it working in ur mind Andy is tops the dolly worked as good as a store boughten one only better because it was a vision bounced between two friends and as always it worked . just remember when you make that first turn you better have an idea just how long you are or it wont be a pretty site . Thanks again Andy for the use and your help retriveing and setting the new parts room. Doc out

Attachments

grounded

Banned
Looking good. I see you used a M200 trailer to make a dolly. Can i ask couple ?'s as im in process of doing the same?

How far in front of the axle centerline is the 5th wheel centerline? trying to make sure i set the balance point and load sharing right.

Whats the measurement of the 5th wheel mount plate bottom in reference to the fenders on the M200?

Are you going to end up utilizing the M200 and the trailer being toweds brakes? or just the trailer brakes and let the dolly be the "Center link"
Im wanting to try to utilize both M200 and trailers brakes. im also hoping while i got DaveP's dolly here i can get some measurements and check a couple things out to help me make my dolly correct.

thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks