• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big military vehicle and comms surplus event in North Fork Ca September 7th

Rich Johnson

I am helping the widow of my Sergeant Major sell off his horde.
I am not making any money off this sale event, in fact I am expending my own resources and time to do right by a man I loved.

The event is located in North Fork CA.
The date I will be there is Sep7 and the morning of the 8th till about noon. After that guests must leave.

If you wish to attend the sale please contact me directly via email pm or phone/text
619-993-5284 (please leave a message if you call)

There are several trucks, 5tons and a deuce and a 5 ton wrecker. While not in perfect shape they have good tires and some ran very recently, the wrecker 2 months ago. It's registered and the 5ton with super singles and the lift boom is historic title and non oped but ran a little while ago.
But I advise towing them out unless we make arrangements to make continuing repairs on site to drive it out.
There are many big trucks trailers as well more than I photographed.
Some trucks have paper some don't, you can get a hand written bill of sale statement of facts

The Mutt is an A2, it was a parts jeep for his main Mutt. (Not for sale)
I believe it is missing starter and alternator and maybe some other things but is largely intact and covered though landlocked right now by junk.

The tools and equipment on site currently are not for sale.

Now the comm stuff.

There are not many radios, mainly all grc106s inside grc142 shelters.(Unless we find more)

I believe there are 4 of these rigs. (Two were locked and I ran out of time to get in them but they are typical)
They are Teletype radio shelter systems that had the TTy gear removed.
They were a program of emergency backup hf radio stations that Cal Guard had and decommissioned after 9/11 and sold at drmo. I owned one at one time.
They were all packed up with new accessories and gra4 mast kits and tons of spares etc for whatever was needed. They are nearly all the same or very similar.
See the photos inside them. They will be priced at 1k each with all accessories inside that they should come with to the best of my knowledge. If there is a TTY that will be included. Extra GRC-106 radios that may be lying in the floor will not be included for the 1K price.
Here was mine when I popped the lock.

https://youtu.be/ot63cjMEcXc?si=LbL1JmhVOk6j0m2t

There is another shelter mounted radio system that is a GRC-145 in and s250 that is a 220-1.8gig FM and data something something , Google it, radio needs has the TM. This comes with some cool dish antenna arrays and a cool push up mast system. I will be accepting offers on this rig prior or onsite.

There is another s250 that is camo with an AC unit. It may have some kind of radio system in it but the plates are missing and it's up on top of a shipping container right now. The door was stuck.

There are several other comm shelters both s250, and larger and duce size full of accessories antennas and masts and just a ton of stuff I can't even quantify.
The two erected antenna masts are also for sale seen in the photos. One was special with some device at the top, look close at the picture.
Also a standard 10+ section permanent radio mast that is the triangle frame type sse photos.

There are more 106 radios here and there in shelters and just lying about.
All of them are for sale.

The s250 shelters are required to be removed when purchased so bring a trailer. You may not strip it and leave the shelter behind so plan a way to take it home like a flatbed trailer.

There is a forklift on site but I do not know how to operate it.
We are going to try and get the wrecker fired up on the 7th and plan to hopefully use it to assist loading.

There is just so much stuff there both vehicles and radio related.

Not many other radios as far as I found yet. He had been operating 3 TW7000 radios,.one in ale with a laptop and an RF-3200 that has a touchy on off switch.
I have two of the 7000s and the 3200 at home. Contact me if you are interested in them.

There is vrc-12 and sincgars and hf accessories and antennas galore.
The pictures, look closely.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LB4fRWm4zGJftU4V8

So contact me directly if you want to come and buy what you can. It's a first come first served unless money is paid up front to reserve equipment seen in pictures.