• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big trailer, small rig.

mck7916

I need to pull a M105a2 trailer 200 miles with a 3/4 ton van.
Any recommendations?

What style electrical connector does this trailer use? 6 pin or 7 pin?

Will a 26 inch hitch height be sufficient?

Thanks

:?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your hitch at 26" is about 10" too low but as long as the gear isn't dragging, it can be done. Your 3/4 ton should have sufficient enough brakes to stop it but plan on it taking extra time as the trailer empty is 2600#. The connector is NATO and won't fit anything commercial and the lights are 28V. I would suggest using magnetic tow lights that can be purchased pretty cheaply these days. Just remember to take your time, they don't tow like your average trailer.

citizensoldier

You can also get the bolt on type and undo the military lights and bolt them on. Then just zip tie the wiring up to the front use a self tapper for a ground plug them in and go.. I just want to ad one thing. With your hitch being so low you will need two people to let it down on the hitch or a floor jack with blocks. They are very heavy and it can be allot for one person. The regular military leg will not go the low and you will have to pick it up and unhook it then let it down. Its tricky for one person. Good luck..

citizensoldier

Oh and I forgot.. You should flip the pintle hitch if its not to rusty it will ride better and have less toung weight. You will need a 1 1/2 inch wrench, pliers, small sledge hammer, liquid wrench, and maybe some heat like a little torch. Also make sure the parking brakes are not frozen up and off.. I am a trailer ho and have picked up allot of these over the years.. hehehehe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks