• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bilstein 5125 shock install

ALTOcal

Morning,

I was putting on the front shocks from my ORD 2” lift kit and had some issues. I have an ‘84 M1028 and the kit came with Bilstein 5125 shocks all around. Onlygot to the front, two issues...

No washers came with the kit, looks like that’s only necessary on the top mount. but still need them

second, the budging insert was not the correct length for the top mount.The stock insert is a larger OD but same ID as the parts in the box.

does anyone know if ORD supplies these parts? Shouldn’t that be part of the kit? I haven’t received the entire shipment yet FYI.

if not, who sells a rubber bushing that fits the OD (3/4”) for the stock (to truck) bushing insert? Or who sells a bushing insert that has the correct length with the bilstein compatible OD?

Chaski

I don't have any experience fitting the Bilsteins with the stock upper mounting point. Probably worth a call to Off-road design.

You may need to get a buddy with a lathe so you can turn some custom bushing / washers.

chevymike

Are you talking the rear shocks? If so, they have some notes (well the old site did) that the 1 ton trucks use a 9/16" bolt where the shocks use 1/2". You either remove the shock sleeve or weld a 1/2" ID washer to each side of the mount and use a 1/2" bolt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks