• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bio diesel on the Discovery channel

Brad900

Last night on Discovery Channel's Dirty Jobs they had about a 10 min segment on Bio diesel. The guy had huge setup. He said it's about .50 cents per gallon to make(not including the $$$$ he has in setup). Very cool to see the process. It is on again on Oct 29 @7pm

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched it also. After seeing his set up i was thinking, how much is he really saving here? I bet he has $5000 tied up in all that stuff. Did you see that magnetic mixer? That wasen't cheep!!! For small test batched like that you would think a cheeseee wal-mart blender would do. It would take me a while to burn $5000 in road diesel. He said he was getting 40mpg in the mazda truck. At 40mpg it could take a while to see any return. But it's good to see it on tv. Mabye the oil companies will see people finding other ways to get around. I hope enough people will do it, so it will degrade the market.

Rattlehead

Unfortunately, I don't think it will degrade the market. If homebrew biodiesel gets big, the only thing I see it doing is causing the greedy tax collectors to start cracking down on their loss of revenue by outlawing unliscenced collection of waste cooking oil, and any other stipulations they can dream up.

Towerguy1

Id love to have seen it, No cable or direct tv here. My neighbors are expecting the multifuel deuce to smell like McDonald's french fries...... Oh well.

RH I like the avatar as well, Did you drive out of that? Looks like you may have needed some assistance!

Ugg013

Hi Guys:

I saw something about Bio Diesel too, but don't think it was the same story. It was on MSNBC I think and it featured several people doing this and the different ways they were doing it. One guy was claiming 100 MPG, another was getting used grease from KFC. A woman was claiming 60 to 70 MPG with a corn substance. They called the machine changing the waste/vegtable/plant materials/grease/oil into a fuel a reactor. The original inventor of the diesel (a German guy named Diesel) used peanut oil for fuel.

Ya ever notice how these companies take a waste product and turn it into a main product which then ends up costing more than the original product? Gasoline was a waste from Kerosene and diesel is a waste of gas. Just like food. The slaughter houses used to toss pork spareribs. Now they cost as much as, and in some cases, more than steak.

Later
Ugg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks