• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Biofuels

Alredneck

Banned
Hmmm, green oil, green fuel, green truck, green socks, green pants and shirt. There's nuthin wrong with green right? DANM im not IRISH!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Bigmillman

Sorry. I recycle my oil via filtering to my fuel tank and burn it baby! :twisted:
Don't see any modern oil viscosities listed on that link. My V-dub diesel takes 5W40 synthetic only or it will digest itself.Most modern diesel engines are going to this new grade.
That 5W40 synthetic works great in my duece. Cranks like crazy when its 0-F and does not thin out too much at 95-F. I get more power too. I change my oil only when testing tells me too. JUST DON'T USE IT IN A ENGINE ALL READY WORN OUT OR IT WILL SMOKE! It is too slippery to seal worn out engines. :shock:
Green.. fewy. :cookoo: Belongs as a paint! :driver:
Oh yea, and for veggie oil :p I crack mine to get 100% bio fuel so I don't fooch my injectors with soot. No jelly monsters to deal with. :wink:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Biofuels

Unfortunately something has got to give. There isn't enough land to produce enough oil/gas substitutes to keep us from importing oil at our present rate of consumption in the US.

I think that our future may be more like Mad Max than that of Star Trek if we keep going this way.

Enough of the bummer side, if it's green it must be good and just in time for the new Hulk movie this summer. Now if they only had him driving through a road block in a Deuce!! (Oops, wrong movie.....) ;-)

If we can stop diverting arable land from food production to fuel production, instead using the vast areas of the Southwest deserts to produce algae or somesuch, it might be workable. As is now, the change to ethanol is driving up food prices.

I'm interested in this stuff, seems it would be great for newer engines. Full synthetics have been around a while, this is the same idea with different base stocks.

Still a bad idea to pour it down the drain/on the ground. Even if the oil is biodegradable, the contaminants and metals in it after use aren't.

Alredneck

Banned

I was reading some stuff on algae farms for oil production the other day neat stuff and making some farms in the southwest with cheap land and all isnt a bad idea but where are you going to get your water from NM and near where it touches Texas are in a severe drought and dont have the water for its population much less some algae. So if you can find the water then it would be a highly viable alternative. Captain

msoumas

Re: RE: Re: Biofuels

Alredneck said:
I was reading some stuff on algae farms for oil production the other day neat stuff and making some farms in the southwest with cheap land and all isnt a bad idea but where are you going to get your water from NM and near where it touches Texas are in a severe drought and dont have the water for its population much less some algae. So if you can find the water then it would be a highly viable alternative. Captain
I think that the correct types of algae grow only in salt water, so filling up algae farms for oil wouldn't divert water useful for human consumption.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks