• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

black out lights

AllenEM

I would like to remove my black out lights and switches. I'm thinking of making the blackout bumper lights into LED emergency flashing lights. iwas going to take them a part and put leds in to them. is there a easy way to remove the switches?

mistaken1

I would like to remove my black out lights and switches. I'm thinking of making the blackout bumper lights into LED emergency flashing lights. iwas going to take them a part and put leds in to them. is there a easy way to remove the switches?
If you find you cannot modify them can I have them?:wink:

m4A1

I've taken the BO lights apart and replaced one of the rears with leds. It is not easy the hard part is removing the back to get to the solder points because the backing is an epoxy and I had to break it apart. You will find the 4 red led's are on one circuit and the yellow is on it's own.
I don't have picture, sorry.

mistaken1

yes if I find that I can't.

by the way good looking M1009 you have.
Thank you.

I just received my GL title last friday and took it for the missouri inspection today. It passed and now is titled and tagged (street legal woohoo). It is in pretty good shape, I want to clean it up and CARC it in the new pattern. It came from the MONG and I would like to maintain it just as if it were still in service.

My wife is from oklahoma, spent most of her childhood in eufala. What area are you in?

realm

Question:

I have 1 rear blackout light that's noticeably dimmer than the other. I didn't think LED's would really get dim, but then again these are some old LED's made before I even knew LED's existed.

Is it normal for them to go dim and if so do I just need to replace them, or may something else be wrong?

AllenEM

Question:

I have 1 rear blackout light that's noticeably dimmer than the other. I didn't think LED's would really get dim, but then again these are some old LED's made before I even knew LED's existed.

Is it normal for them to go dim and if so do I just need to replace them, or may something else be wrong?
I didn't know what the blackout light where so I was going to make them Emergency flashing lights for our fire truck. I have not seen any work on any of the trucks we have gone thought.

m4A1

I was walking through Wally world and saw some lights that would work great for your emergency flashers, they are red leds for trailers and looks like it just might fit in the bo light holes. The bo lights are 12v so this should be an easy wire in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks