• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blacksmoking a 6.2

Blacksmoke it or not?

• Blacksmoke

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Don't touch it!

Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters

danochamp

Just wondering if you all would think it would be completely stupid to re-tune my fuel injectors so I could black smoke. To be honest there's really no reason for it other than the looks :-o. I wouldn't have it tuned to be smoking 24/7, just when i lay on the throttle.

Anyway would this ruin or do any damage to the engine, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't but I'm just checking.

Thanks for the input...

ctmustang

Yep probably stupid move. Would definately turn the inside of the 6.2 into a cake of carbon.
24 years in the engine repair business tells me this. Good Luck with it what ever you decide to do. You mite consider buying an old peterbuilt tractor with monster stacks and turn the fuel way up if you're bent on trying to be cool.
CT

reloader64

These are decent motors, but not nearly as sturdy as the modern ones. Lotsa smoke =lotsa heat, and eventually lotsa walking. My opinion only, possibly worth only .01.

Scott

jimmy-90

Turning that screw up just a little bit will make it run stronger or at least make it get louder and you may see a LITTLE black smoke at full throtle or under a heavy load.... Turning it up untill it rolls-coal like a re-tuned cummins or anything even close to that will definately kill it. Rather than voteing yes or no I would URGE you to install a pyrometer and see how high it goes compared to what the GM 6.2L diesel book says will melt it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks