• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blaster recommendation in Seattle area

manders

Hello to all!

I've got a M923A0 in need of a goodly amount of TLC.

Before I embark on a multi-month scrape/prime/paint binge, I'm debating the merits of just taking it to a local blasting company and going down to the bare metal.

Problem #1: Finding a good blasting company!

While my first inclination is always to do it myself, I do not have a place to "play".

I appreciate any recommendation for either a top-notch shop or even an individual with the proper tools and location.

Thanks.

MAnders

ke5eua

Last edited:

manders

If you have an a pressure washer you could do the wet sand blast method.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200442147_200442147

I haven't tried it personally, although I'm going to. Just need to get a new pressure washer to handle the flow.

There is this also. Vacuum blaster, little more expensive. More of a dust free environment and less cleanup.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200435367_200435367

You have no idea how much I WANT to do this myself! :grin:

I've been looking for for workshop/yard space to rent, prices are crazy around here, upwards of $500-$700/month for a 18x30 garage. Since I only get weekends to work on it, it would take me three months anyway ... might as well pay the pros!

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a good place in Marysville called Alternative Blasters. A friend of mine who owns an automotive business takes all his stuff there (mine too, when I put some in his loads). I've always been pleased with what comes back, so you might try them.

I believe that Seattle and King County have run all of those types of businesses out of their jurisdictions. You might also try looking down in the Industrial district around Michigan St south of downtown to see if any are left.

Good Luck with your project!

Storm 51

peteybabes

if you still need a top of the line shop to do this, go to RMC Powdercoating where they have sandblast capability, and incredible powdercoating ability, and can even powdercoat parts in camo!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks