• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blasting CARC from Grille

MatthewH

I recently purchased a NOS Dodge metal grille for a 1976 style M880 series truck. The paint (forest green as printed on the tag) is peeling off on one corner, and it looks like they factory didnt scuff the metal finish, just shot paint.
I was wondering if the paint could be lightly blasted off, and the metal polished to give it an original looking finish.

Thanks

3dAngus

Some of us are experimenting with soda blasters now. See the thread on soda blasting next to this one and stay tuned. You might get some feedback on that late this weekend. What we do know is that soda blasting is safe for thin metals and paint removal, just not sure how much.

MatthewH

3dAngus, I will check that thread out. I forgot about soda blasting as an option, figured it would be to soft to remove CARC.

Bob, a chrome grille looks much better on a strata blue truck than a peeling forest green one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks