• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blazer Chalet / truck camper

Midnight Rider

I'm pretty sure that since the CUCV pickup is just like the regular civy pickup in terms of the bed, you could get any pickup bed camper to fit in there. Just look for ones that would fit the same model year as what the CUCV is.

1stDeuce

Chalet blazers are pretty hard to find... There's good info on them on the web, but I've only seen one personally, headed the other way on a pass road in Colorado. No reason the camper unit wouldn't plop into a 1009 if you could find one. (That's a nice one in the pic!!)

The only drawback I can think of is that it's probably a bit much weight for the 10 bolt that's in a 1009. The original blazers with Chalet were 12 bolt axle equipped, as were all 1/2 tons of the 70's. Should be pretty easy to swap in an older 12 bolt and get the heavier axle and brakes that came with it, or swap in a semi-floater 14 bolt out of a 1/2 or 3/4 ton pickup from the late 80's to late 90's for the same effect and a slightly wider rear track width.

Then post pictures!!
C

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chalet campers are like barn finds. They are really getting to be few and far inbetween. With that said, I have seen a 1009 with an S318 grafted to the back. IIRC it was awesome.

A Chalet expert from another forums caught this thread and asked me to pass along some info.

ChevyK5BlazerChalets : The Big 'Nook.

This is a Chalet ownerd group. They have lists of blazers available across the country as well as other info. That picture you have is KCBOB's blazer if I remember correctly.

PM me any questions that you want me to ask him if you have any.

-DUS

aboonski

Here's a scan of the literature that I bought from an Ebay auction. I wanted one of these until Faye wrote her thoughts right on the pamphlet. I did find one of these for sale in Alaska on Craig's List for around $2500.00 or so - very reasonable considering one is almost ready to top $10K on Ebay as I am typing this post.

Attachments