• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bleeding deuce brakes

caliber1

First, welcome to Steel Soldiers.

Second, search is your friend. Particularly the TM section. Lots of reading to be had.

Good luck.

Also search power bleeder, works wonders.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any mechanical experience?

Why are you bleeding your brakes?

Have you read the Tech Manuals?

Do you know what brake fluid is in your truck? You must not mix fluids.

sandcobra164

Bleed from Master to Airpack first, then get to the rear most axle, bleed the passenger rear, driver rear, passenger intermediate, driver's intermediate, passenger steer, driver steer. Here's something that will puzzle the debate, I changed a master and an airpack before the rally. Bled from master to airpack, got air there but never got air in any of the wheel cylinders. Brakes worked great for the 190 up and back and some localized driving!!!! Brakes were spongy after replacement of parts, some suggested that the air went back up to the master but I never saw it!!! Keep in mind, the only brake line coming from the airpack was certainly exposed to atmosphere and covered with a ziploc bag while I was swapping in the new air pack!!!

FatBuddhaBoo

My son and I bled our deuce without a power bleeder in the same fashion as one would do any other brake system. Wasn't very hard and didn't even go through a pint of fluid. Stopping ability afterwards was much improved.

Just follow what others have said above and you'll be fine.

:beer: