• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

blinker problem

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my trucks had a mashed right turn signal housing, so I pulled a used one from TNJ Murray last time I was there. I installed it yesterday, checked the bulbs inside (like new), and tried it out. Now, when the lights are on, and I move the turn signal switch to "left", the left blinker works. When I move the turn signal switch to "right", the left blinker is still the one working. Flashers do not work on the right side. So, it's like it is not even installed, except for the weird "left signal blinking when the right one should be" problem.

I checked the electrical connections of the turn signal housing, no problems.

Any idea what's wrong?

Barrman

This will sound cheap, but check your grounds. Un grounded light buckets do some really stupid things. Such as holding the bucket in my hand and hooking a single wire to the truck. Turn on that circuit and a different bulb than what is plugged in lights up.

To continue the crazy thing thought. Your right blinker is the only wire that is just for the right side of the truck. IF the bucket isn't grounded, the signal could be traveling to the left bucket via the park light or b/o light wire searching for a ground. Just a theory.

I would say turn on the right blinker, loosen the mount bolts for the right bucket and move it around until it works correctly. Of course, that is assuming you have the proper wires hooked up, no short at the groumet at the back of the bucket that has your wires touching and that you have the internal/external tooth washers already on there.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: blinker problem

Barrman said:
Of course, that is assuming you have the proper wires hooked up, no short at the groumet at the back of the bucket that has your wires touching and that you have the internal/external tooth washers already on there.
1. Proper wires are hooked up.
2. There is no short at the grommet at the back of the bucket that has my wires touching.

but

3. I do not have the internal/external washers on that lamp. I know how this could be a problem, so I'll check on this first, and get back to you....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks