• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blinker problem

blzrgb

1985 1008 CUCV. The left blinker indicator in the dash burns constant whenever the headlights or parking lights are on. When the headlights are off, the light goes off. Both blinkers work fine either way. The headlights and parking lights as well as all the rear lights work just fine. Any idea what could be causing this ? The blinker switch in the steering column works fine. I'm stumped. Thanks for any input. GB.

Last edited:

Crash_AF

It's a ground problem, the circuit is backfeeding through the turn signal indicator. Check the grounds in the headlight harness to make sure everything is clean and connected.

Later,
Joe

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had the same issue, check the ground terminals inside the parking lamp bulb sockets. Mine had hairline cracks. Had to replace them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks