• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blinker relay

tankie88

Is there just one type of blinker relay for a M1009? Or is there another one for use with a trailer?When i plug my trailer in the blinker flashes real fast.When i unplug the trailer it flashes normal.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They make different types of flashers/blinker relays. They all work the same but they are made for differnt amounts of lights. 4 bulb, 6 bullb, 8 bulb, etc.... They even make them that are LED compatiable and some that are LOUD so you can hear them.

See if you can get one that is "heavy duty". These are made for use with trailers

Here is the NAPA website for the K30 Pickup which is the same as the M1008

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Results.aspx?Ntt=flasher&Ntk=Keyword&N=599001+101984+50014+2014044

The Part Number LF12 is a loud flasher that will handle 1-10 bulbs. and is great for trailers, RVs and heavy duty applications.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=NF_LF12_0131494904&An=599001+101984+50014+2014044

Last edited:

Stihl029

I had gotten mine from superbrightleds.com you cannot hear them click but they work with my LED tail lights. I kinda like to not hear them click though I have always found that to be annoying...but that is the point of the click too.

tankie88

Fixed the blinker relay prob,no prob.Get a 3 pin 12v blinker relay,make 3 bridging wires,connect terminal 49 to power (l/h connection on fuse block relay socket),terminal 31 to earth/ground on body,49a to blinker switch(top connection on fuse block relay socket).....job done.Trailer blinks at the same rate as the chevy.Oh and cable tie/zip tie the relay up out the way.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks