• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blinky blinky blinky blinky blinky

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Picked up an 813 for a member from Indy today. Made the mistake of not getting my heater back in yet. Aside from that it wasn't too bad. Met some guys (BobH I think he said) that helped me pull it out of the s250/generator sandwich so I could hook up the tow bar. THANKS GUYS! I got to use my wrecker tow light set, what a slick set-up! Air hoses hooked up so I had both truck's brakes working. I certainly knew I had a 5ton back there. Pretty sure my average speed was 42mph. I was able to hit 52 once, not for any appreciable amount of time though, so I got to watch my blinker control go "blinky blinky" the whole way home. ;-)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you gone "blinky, blinky" with that pink vehicle?:cookoo:

Got any bigger pics of your avatar? I can't see what the rear window says.

Silverback

Better check your blinker fluid level, after all that use you might be getting low. And what is up with the pink burb ? Wait, forget I asked there are some things we don't need to know.

91W350

How did those 813s at Indy look? I wanted to bid on several pretty badly..... had quite the internal war going on.... Glen

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy's been huffing deuce exhaust again. Blinky Blinky indeed. It's supposed to be on off on off on off, or if you like digital, 01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,:cookoo:0

gimpyrobb

Well, I worked on the wiring today, dropped in 2 new batts, and she fire up! Tomorrow I will check fluids in the diffs, trans and Tcase, the take it for a test drive.

gimpyrobb

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have a cold that has been tough to get rid of. I checked the fluids and took her for a spin. The truck really has alot of power, looks good too! Sat Jim came in to pick her up, I made sure the heater worked and went through the wipers as they didn't work well. Jim called to say he made it to his half way point and the power steering box was leaking like a sieve. I found another for him, just waiting for an addy to send it to. He got a real nice truck. Good to meet you Jim!