• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Block Heater size

motormayhem

I live in az so I am thinking of a 600w freeze plug heater. I have yet to have difficulty starting it in 50-40 degree weather, but would like to install a heater for going up to the mountains. What is the correct size for a freeze plug heater? I know the ones from napa are supposed to be a good price and good heater.

Also it is normal for the truck to be reasonably louder starting when it is 45 out rather tan 80? Temps just dropped from 80-90 last week to mid 50's this week and I have noticed the truck sounds like a powerstroke when it starts and while I give it gas until the high idle kicks off (about when I pull out of my neighborhood).

Westech

CPL
Yes it is louder because of the cold start timing advance. And I think the size ins in the Wiki or whatever you say it. Just order one for a 6.2 diesel and your good.

PS I did not have any heater in my M1009 and it started at 5* no problem.

motormayhem

Yes it is louder because of the cold start timing advance. And I think the size ins in the Wiki or whatever you say it. Just order one for a 6.2 diesel and your good.

PS I did not have any heater in my M1009 and it started at 5* no problem.
It never has problems starting but if I have one mine as well use it at 5*, but I am confident it would start at 5* as it takes about 1 sec of cranking to get going at 40*.

Yup it was in the wiki

"2. What size freeze plug heater?
41mm"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks