• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Block Heater

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered the $15 OEM one (dont need the heater, but its a good price on the cord). We'll see how it works out.
Good luck. I see a 94% ebay rating and I move on. But, it's $15 so no big loss if he sends the wrong part or never sends.

I could have used that part number about an hour before you posted it.
Sorry, gotta go to work sometime... ;)

One thing to note is the cord length. I had hoped to go forward and have it in the grille like any of the ones I've seen in use, but the cord is way too short for that. I ended up going to the left, tucking the cord behind the metal flange just aft of the driver's side door hinge. Not ideal but it's easier not to miss it when you're getting in. The male plug isn't visible.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess they were already installed at the factory. There is the engine outside and no one thinks about whether this is a good or bad place later. At least from the accessibility.

But a question from my side.
- What resistance (ohms) should have the target state. And measured from one pole to ground or between the poles?
- Have you seen them also for 220V?

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M1043A2. 6.5NA GEP engine. No block heater. But, on the driver side there is an "X" painted on the block above a freeze plug. Not sure if that means to put it there. Or, don't put it there.

20220108_152210.jpg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably has nothing to do with the casting plug, these are casting plugs, they are necessary for the casting process, the manufacturer never intended them to be used to protect the block from freezing but I suppose one day a casting plug was knocked out by the water freezing in an engine block so from then on everyone started to call them freeze plugs....
The X is likely an indication that some task had been completed during engine assembly.

Autonomy_Lost

Well my cord came in from ebay and it works! The connector was slightly different shape than whats on the truck (and I mean SLIGHTLY) but I was able to plug it in and it's snug. I let it sit for about 40 minutes and sure enough I can feel the engine starting to warm up!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Well my cord came in from ebay and it works! The connector was slightly different shape than whats on the truck (and I mean SLIGHTLY) but I was able to plug it in and it's snug. I let it sit for about 40 minutes and sure enough I can feel the engine starting to warm up!
Right along with the electric bill.

Warm HumV.... Happy HumV, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks