• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

blocked filter

84cucv1ton

can the inside of the stock fuel filter or base for that matter clog?? getting fuel up. but not out. trucks been sitting a while. didnt get anything at the injector. didnt get anything out the bleeder screw on the base. i took the filter it self off and got fuel out the very top one.

ideas?

thanks for the help

Wolf.Dose

How old was the filter itself? It is possible that some debris will clock the bleeder screw, but to my experiance that happens not very often. With a wooden toothpick you can get the debris out when you removed the bleeder srew.
Else the Filter base is some zinc material with might get the zinc pest, means blooming out with some white looking powder. Than: get a new one, it is hopeless.
Basically you can change the fuel filter to any civilian Diesel fuel filter with the appropriate carrier, the water in fuel sensor you not really need. The modern filters include a water seperator.
Also the pressure sensor is not really needed, it shows to my knowledge only overpressure in the filter. But in many cases this sensor does not work and therefor does not give a usefull signal. So delete it.
Wolf

84cucv1ton

well got fuel to the filter. took a bit of time to do so too. got fuel out the injector. glow plugs seem to be working fine. still not firing up tho. be testing the glow plugs next. seems like the right step

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks