• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bloomington, IL to Chattanooga, TN

TaylorTradingCo

I just bought a Bobcat with trailer up in IL. On the way home, the axle broke on it and I had to leave it and come on home.

Is there anyone who can pick it up on a bigger trailer and bring it down to me?

Derek Taylor
423-255-6509

TaylorTradingCo

It is at a Ford dealership in El Paso, IL.

I didn't really tell the whole story. There was a big bump in the road, the axle sheared off at the shackle mount, the tire leaped into the air and hit a vehicle in the opposite lane straight in the windshield. It collapsed their windshield and roof about 2' into the cab. They were hurt, but lived.

My wife really does not want me to go back up there. Illinois bad place, very bad place, lots of corn.

Derek Taylor

chvss65

talk about timing and fate. that wasnt anybodies day
Derek I live about 40 miles north of there, I dont have a trailer or stuff like that, but if ya need help, maybe I can someway, my son lives in El Paso, Il, I could ask him if he could check on your stuff if ya want, just for peace of mind ?

TaylorTradingCo

Thanks, but I think my stuff is ok. They hauled it to a local Ford dealership in their fenced in lot. I just left it at 9pm Saturday night. I am sure it will be okay there for a while until I can get it retrieved.

Derek Taylor

TaylorTradingCo

The bobcat itself weighs 4810#. It has a backhoe attachment on it. I am guessing it weighs around 1500#. Then there is the little trailer it is still sitting on. I am guessing it weighs around 2000#.

So total weight should be around 8500#. I would guess that the little trailer is around 14' long from hitch to the rear.

One problem would be that I think you would have to have a flatbed trailer and not one with fender wells on it. Also you would have to be able to winch it up on there.

The bobcat is still chained to the trailer. I have the bobcat keys with me, so it can't be cranked and moved.

If by some miracle, you have the stuff to do this and can bring it down to me I will let you have the dump bed you were wanting for $200.

Derek Taylor
423-255-6509

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks