• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blower motor/switch not working

aaron1009

Spent a day chasing issues with my heater and just wanted to share what I found. I'm aware that my issues can probably be found in other threads, but just wanted to show some pictures and list replacement part numbers for the sake of being helpful.

Problem: My blower motor would work sporadically, sometimes making a high-pitched squealing noise.

Solution: Replacement of the motor, switch and the connecter harness eliminated all of my issues.

I had read that the switch was prone to burning up on '85 and older trucks. My 1009 is an '86 model. As always, I used a light coat of dielectric grease on all connections, including the connections to the motor itself, located on the firewall. This connection was in special need, as it is exposed to mud and moisture. A scrub with sandpaper and a blast of "electric cleaner" had the prongs shining again. NAPA parts were used, with the exception of the Factory Air motor, which I can confirm is a direct fit, with the supplied fan blade. The part number for the NAPA motor can be found in another thread.

Part numbers are as follows:

Switch #TEM 207479
NAPA AUTO PARTS

In-cab Harness #TEM 207902
NAPA AUTO PARTS

Blower Motor #35334
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Blower-Motor-Factory-Air_3911039-P_117_R|GRPCOOLAMS_____

I hope this thread is helpful to anyone who has/will have similar issues.

Attachments