• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blown Spare/broken cover

2deuce

I had an old spare tire in the back of my M1009 that blew out. This spare was on my sons M1009 the month before. It wasn't over inflated then. It was a size that didn't match so it was relegated to a spare. This is my daily driver but wasn't driven for a week while we were on a camping trip. The weather was hot. The tire was laying flat on the floor, not in the spare tire holder. The worst part is it was up against the rear seat and blew half of the plastic floor latch cover off. Now I need one of those. I think I heard of this happening before but at the time thought this was a freak occurrence. I'm thinking now maybe not.

and if anyone has a spare cover they can part with, please let me know.

Thanks,
Greg

This is what happens when the cords come apart some times the tire will form what looks like a rib sometimes it can just let go .This can happen in old or new tire that is aired up .