• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bluegrass Driving Tour/ Bourbon trail

greenjeepster

I am considering plotting out a route and putting together a convoy to drive a hybrid version of the Bluegrass Driving Tour and the Bourbon trail. (trail not to be confused with off road, this will be all two lane paved roads) I was looking at doing one or the other, but the routes are so long it would take a couple of days.

So I think we can combine the two into a 100-200 mile round trip which would include the scenic Horse Farms a distillery or two and parts of KY River Palisades.

I will need to know who would be interested in taking a day tour around the region, probably in April, and your trucks heights and weights. I have a ferry to check out and a tunnel so I will have to make sure that every bodies rigs are within the limits of those so I can see if we can include them in the route.

greenjeepster

I am also thinking that because it is hard to find a place to eat that has enough parking for multiple military vehicles that we could do a stop at a location like Bluelick Battle Field and have a pot luck type lunch.... That doesn't mean we all bring MREs to pass around:lol:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greenjeepster, I would be interested in such an endeavor. I live just north of you in Paris, and have just purchased an '84 M1028. However I can tell you that you will not have much luck obtaining the cooperation of the local horse farms to drive through their property. I am very involved with the horse industry and the farms do not want anything to upset their stock, especially during the Spring when breeding is going on. The Bourbon Trail ride would be a-plenty, with a stop for lunch. My close friend manages the Woodford Reserve Distillery and I am sure I could arrange a tour. Let me know if you are interested and I will provide my contact info. Thanks.