• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Bed Length...

tamangel

...are there different bed lengths associated with bobbed deuces..? M105, HMMWV, stock 12' deuce beds, different wheelbases, etc..any pic's of the differences/ pro's and con's of each..Just curious if the bobbed deuce would make a good candidate for a permanent mount (although sold as a slide-in) truck camper.. or better just to keep standard wheelbase and axles providing a little more bed space for carrying toys..

sort of like how this guy did it on a Mitsubishi Fuso 4X4 although a 'bobbed deuce' might be too short:
http://www.hackneys.com/mitsu/

Mike

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since your the one bobbing it, you can make it any length you like. Many folks go with the M105 trailer as the bed which is 9'. I prefer a shortened deuce bed but when you're fabbing everything yourself, you can do what you want.

Blythewoodjoe

Most people use a 9' bed of some kind or another. I made a bed for my truck that is the width of the front fenders and 8.5' long. I installed the axle in the exact position it was in with the tandem set up. I think the M105 guys put it back a little more to match the fender wells. I wish I had just made my bed 9' . It would look fine I think with my flat bed. I wanted my truck to look like a big pick up and on most of them the axle is centered on the bed. With the M105 at 9' the fenders are back about 6" from center. Another reason I think people like the trailer bed is you have a cover available. I am going to have to make a custom cover for my truck. There are several trucks in the photo section with different beds that could give you an idea what they look like with different beds.

Have fun,
Joe Trapp

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks