• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed deuce weight and limit?

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone with a bobbed deuce know what their truck weighs? And is the weight limit simply cut in half (minus one axle)?

Preferably, one with 1400x20 wo/w.

Thanks.

Last edited:

dm22630

Anyone with a bobbed deuce know what their truck weighs? And is the weight limit simply cut in half (minus one axel)?

Preferably, one with 1400x20 wo/w.

Thanks.

Hmmmm.....now where have I seen someone making one of those in Illinois.....hmmmm.... ;)

Deuce
- 3 ft frame
- stock bed
- rear axle
- 4 rims/tires
+ M105A2 bed

= Bob weight! ;) lol

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody know the weight rating of a deuce front axle? I think it's on the data plate but I'd have to look. I'd say you could take that figure and X2 for the total truck rating. Most people use front springs for bobs so it should hold as much as the front axle is rated for.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems that minus the one axle and a few less pounds on the remaining axel would just cut the load rating in half. But I did not think about the front springs being used. I know the tire rating will not be the weak point.
Has anyone loaded a bobbed deuce down with a load?

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know the capacity of the two axles or of the two front springs? I don't think it is going to be very much.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! That is what I was looking for. I was guessing around 11k pounds. I just was not sure about the load limit.
I wonder if maybe adding some air bags would help with the squating under a heavy load, while not make the ride too stiff? Anyone ever look into this?