• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbing a deuce then towing

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the 105 because they mount outside of the frame and give a wider position on the axle. It's the same spring....and trailers have nearly no wear unlike springs from a deuce front. Deuce front is under the frame, maybe 8" narrower.

The angle of the rear shackle matters for quality of ride and shocks should be as close to wheel as possible and still clear. I'm reversing my hubs for dish out which gives me a bit more clearance to my shock.

But most of all, the perch adjusts the drive flange to take up for the angle at the bottom of the spring when mounted. With 5*, I think it makes less than 1.5*, otherwise it's 6.5. I have some 2" with that taper, so just had to cut to length.

Attachments

Last edited:

HN6

Bed is not on yet but I'll put up a few details.... spring, rear bumper/lights, rebuilt tranny with hydraulic pump.

I'm building a center section between the cab and bed to hold spare and put a hydraulic winch for A frame crane.
What pump bolts to the tranny for hydro to the winch?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What pump bolts to the tranny for hydro to the winch?
The PTO used on 5 ton dump and 925 will bolt to the m35A3 with the 1545 Allison. Kits are available for direct mount of a spline/SAE a or b to the PTO. But this is the A3 deuce not early models....not the same.

HN6

The PTO used on 5 ton dump and 925 will bolt to the m35A3 with the 1545 Allison. Kits are available for direct mount of a spline/SAE a or b to the PTO. But this is the A3 deuce not early models....not the same.
Ahhh the A3. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks