• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing a deuce

cheezhead

Question, I recently purchased a M35a2 which belonged to our local fire dept. and used as a brush truck. It has been made into a crew cab. I plan to bob it. What is the proper placement of the axle when installing with front springs? Do you place it so the original driveline mates with it? In other words, where the front tandem now sits? Love this site, finding much good info here!

tobyS

My personal opinion is to leave the frame full length and have the axle slightly forward of the present rear axle position. But I want to keep the pintle for heavy hauling and that requires the rear axle to pintle distance to be short. It will require a driveshaft fabrication (longer). Putting the axle where the front one is makes too short of wheel base and with stiff springs, in my opinion, not very comfortable to ride.

palerider

there was a video ,a member had here, step by step ,on how to modifiy a duce to bob tail ,can anyone help ,I am doing this ,and down to placing trail bed on ,but cannot fid the video ,I was going by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks