• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

body work has begun

jh1990

Hi all,
My dad (ah1955) and I just started to work our deuce that needs a little body work done, we're finishing the game plan and hopefully can start the major work that it needs. Right now we have the pasenager side fender off, exhaust, and batt. box. We need to straighten the fender and basically rebuild the rocker panel plus some of the door jam, not to mention alittle rot in the door, but before we start the doors we need new window glass. Pictures should follow, out of order probably, but should have captions.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sweet, I assume you guys have a welder and the requisite tools?

jh1990

yeap got a welder, in fact I was welding earlier, didn't do to bad, but its a lot different than the ones we have at my school, so I'm still getting used to it. the only problem we've run into is that my dad has a lot of air tools but we dont have a big enought air compressor.

JDToumanian

A lot of cancer, indeed! I think I'd give that cab the old "heave-ho" ala BFR (as shown below) before I spent a week cutting and welding on it... However I'm interested in seeing your results and I'm jealous of your talent if you pull it off!

Jon

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will be FAR better off scrounging rust free parts than trying to fix the sheetmetal you have. :wink: They can be had cheap, especially in the NE. There are alot of salvage yards there. There is a rust free duece cab on ebay right now with-I believe no bids yet-100$ min. Personally I wouldn't waste the time trying to fix rust; it will be back in 2 years.

Crazyguyla

One just needa Soldier A and Soldier B to remove the cab, sounds like easy work :) How much diffrent is the firewall on a multifuel cab compaired to a gasser cab?

Jimmy

I wish you the best of luck, I hate bodywork!! I guess because i'm not good at it, but I would have to agree with Jon on this one, you can find a good cab cheap and they are not hard to change.

Opie

Sorry to say so, but thanks for the birthday (37!!!) gift. My rockers aren't great, but you've got some work ahead of you...

vtdeucedriver

I have a cab on my M54A2C that is pretty bad, tho good enough to fix I am not a welder as of yet. I bought a replacement cab so a change will be in order. I think the lifting part i got covered....................M62

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks