• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bottom fell out!

dirtyfingernails

I've been trying to resolve my poor idle at startup. Today I pulled the tank to clean it and check the pump to make sure it wasn't plugged or something. Lots of crap in the tank including the bottom of the pump! Actually, several pump bottoms! I'm assuming that plate isn't absolutely necessary because there is a screen filter still on the pump. I cleaned it all up and am waiting for the tank to dry completely after steam cleaning. Is the smallest line on top of the tank an air release or something. I know the supply and return lines, but couldn't figure out the little line's purpose.

Attachments

JDToumanian

Yeah, but I can hardly blame 'em... because of the baffles in the tank it's difficult to get lost parts out unless the tank is removed from the truck. I suppose you could go 'fishing' with a magnet...

My old rusty tank also had lots of old pump parts rolling around inside...

Jon

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watch that rust! Some microscopic particles got past my filters and casued the fuel plunger to jam in my IP about a year ago, I'm paranoid about that stuff now, thinking about a magnetic type filter to help clean the fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks