• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bows and canvas

GoHot229

Surely some advice can be given as to who is re-producing the best fitting Cargo canvas for the Deuce. As far as fit and the least amount of baggyness. Id prefer it somewhat taunt or form fitting rather than alot that I'v seen that seem to be all bagging and loose fitting. Are there any things to point out when buying a cargo canvas? Colors? Any thing you'v found out and later wished you'd have noticed? I intend to go with the Vietnam era single color (not camo) and also need the bows. And prefer an East Coast source due to shipping costs.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just to make sure we are all on the same page, I assume you are referring to actual canvas and not vinyl, correct? Canvas is the correct material for Vietnam-era trucks.

papercu

Code:
bagging and loose fitting.
Bagging and loose fitting is what you will have for canvas. You could put it on tight as you could wet and let it dry. Most units that used the trucks with canvas would just add some 1 by under the tarp to shed water better. Wayne

mr.travo

Never mind, I am a retard. I got it to pull up. DAMN those are EXPENSIVE!!! I will just continue to keep my eyes and ears open for a good NOS or second hand.

GoHot229

Thank you Guys........ Recently a member had a post of his Deuce newly painted in Vietnam era color. I wish to do the same this coming month, but still need bows and canvas. The Authentic componants used in that era. I have recieved pm's for offers of covers for sale. Thank you......... Rich aka GoHot

emr

look in the MV mag, for newlife canvas they and weebee webing are the best bets for canvas, beachwood is for the rich guys, and there M series has alot to be desired. i have purchased from them all, I have new deuce and 5 ton covers 300 for deuce and 200 for 5 ton vinyl new to like new condition, i hope this is ok in this thread ,

GoHot229

look in the MV mag, for newlife canvas they and weebee webing are the best bets for canvas, beachwood is for the rich guys, and there M series has alot to be desired. i have purchased from them all, I have new deuce and 5 ton covers 300 for deuce and 200 for 5 ton vinyl new to like new condition, i hope this is ok in this thread ,
PM sent thanks Rich aka GoHot229

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks