• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Bleeding - not really a new question but.....

rottiedog

Ok, I can normally bleed brakes quickly. Not working so well on the deuce. I have the -20 open and tried a couple methods outside of the the TM. After that, I went out and bought a vacuum pump, still no luck. All I get is air and a little fluid. I am going to try and build the pressure setup tomorrow.

Symptoms that got me started on this today. Brake peddle has been getting closer and closer to the floor. Today, it's on the floor. Attempted to bleed the airpack first, bubbles and little fluid. Tried from a front wheel and got very little of anything. Got tired of pumping the vacuum by hand. Hooked it to the vacuum port on another truck (M880) and let it attempt to draw fluid out of the air pack for about 10 minutes. Got about 3 oz.

The MC is full. I would guess that the MC is bad or clogged.

Where would you start looking?

I have searched on here and have about 20 postings open right now.

Thanks,
Mike

What would be the first posssible bad part?

rottiedog

ordered a mc and a couple of wheel cylinders just in case from OD. going to pull the mc tomorrow since it's getting replaced anyway. Will figure out what is wrong somehow....

This is the first day that my deuce hasn't moved since I got it.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
after installing the new MC. I'd recommend you build the garden sprayer/bleeder set up posted somewhere here. I used one will wagner made and it worked perfect.

stancanpara

One thing to consider with the in this type of sittuation. You might consider bleading your entire system thoroughly to ensure any moisture from condensation of the empty lines as well as any particles from the bad MC that might have gotten through are removed from the system.

Remember, brake fluid loves to soak up moisture if it's allowed to, so ALWAYS keep your system topped off and secured.

rottiedog

great support

You guys are GREAT. got the MC today. Put it in, bleed the brakes and now it feels like a Corvette. Stops now! Nice!!

THANKS

Oh, and after searching on here I was dreading removing the 4th bolt on the MC but was happy to find that it was already gone!!

Lex_Ordo

Can someone add to the Brake Bleeding and list a step by step process to complete it?

I along with a friend changed out all the brake hoses. Two front wheel, one front axle, and two rear axle. Now I need to top off the Master Cylndr, and bleed. What wheel do I start with and is there a specific sequence?

Also, I have a small aluminum bleeding tank, that can be pressureized, so I don't have to run the truck, and continuously stop and fill the Master every time I bleed another wheel.

Since I'm new to the M35A2, all assistance with the proper way to maintain it would be much appreciated.