• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Booster Question

renovate7

I'm not sure my brake booster is working. At 5 mph a moderate push on the pedal stops truck quick. At 20 I really have to put some leg in it to get it to slow/stop. I talked to someone yesterday who said these brakes should feel like power brakes in a car, not much effort required. How much pedal effort should there be? Is there any kind of adjustment on the booster? I bled the brakes and everything was fine there. I read the 20, section 2-58, on trouble shooting. It said to put in a T fitting and a guage where the "delivery line" connects. If the psi is the same as the gauge on the dash replace booster. This doesn't make much sense. I would assume the pressure from the tanks would be the same as the dash. It says if pressure is less than dash gauge check delivery line for restrictions (?). As always any help appreciated.

Jake0147

In a nutshell, it sounds like you are just verifying the air supply that you would otherwise have to ASSUME is the same as the dash gauge before you throw away or rebuild a very expensive part.

acetomatoco

With air in the tank, and the engine not running apply brakes and listen for air pak operation...as you release them the air exits. check for operation at the glad hands for the trailer to verify, too. Run the truck with no air ...tank drain open and emergency glad hand open. and check to see how it stops compared to your experience ...validates the hydraulic side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks