• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake help

bbf

i took the deuce out for the first road trip and the brake pedel goes almost to the floor how do you adj thease brakes or do i have to doing something with the air system

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
On the back of the wms there are 4 bolts. One at the top of each pad and one at the bottom. 20 thousandths clearance top and 10 on the bottom. How long since you bled the system?

aboonski

I probably need to check my brake shoe clearances but have never done this yet. Isn't there an inspection cover of some sort on each drum where you would insert the feeler guage?

sermis

There is a little window that has a nut holding on a cover. Remove the cover and turn the hub. Set the top, set the bottom, findout that it is not the same now and reset. It will make a lot of defferance when adjusted right.

aboonski

Sermis,

Thank you very much for the info! I have a lot of maintenance to do on my Deuce right now and some brake problems that I must troubleshoot that have nothing to do with the shoe adjustment. I just saw the post about the adjustment and thought I would ask about the procedure while it was at the top of the list so to speak. One thing I did notice recently was two of my drums were hot after a drive and I presume that has somethng to do with the adjustment otherwise the others would be hot as well. I really appreciate your reply a whole lot! Al Broadbent

aboonski

General Developement Corporation is what I think of when I hear Port St Lucie, Port Charlotte, Port Malabar, etc. My mom used to sell lots in these areas back in the 60's! Anyway, you are about an hour and a half from my location in West Melbourne. I will be working on some of my brake problems very shortly - lots can go wrong with the brakes on a deuce! Just make sure you have plenty of dot 5 brake fluid and check your master cylinder each time you go out for a spin. If you are ever up this way and run into any problems on the road, give me a call and I will help you as best as I can; 321 427-3070. I have practically every tool you can imagine and some spare parts around as well. Check out my YouTube videos under the user name of aboonski and you will see my M35A2C in action. Thanks to Kenny, it now sounds like a deuce with the 'C' turbo installed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks