• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake help

goatijoe

i have noticed that sometimes i hit the brakes and the peddle has nice firm hardly any movement, then others long soft halfway to the floor. i have no rime or reason behind this. it just does what it feels like one time might be one way the next might be the other way or repeat it self doing the same thing. ive got brake fluid in the resavore no leaks thou the whole system. has any one ever had anything like this or herd of this. i dont know if its as simple of bleading all the old fluid out with new or i need to start to change out some parts on this to fix it.

SMOKEWAGON66

Im by no means a master mechanic, and probably not nearly qualified to reply to this, BUT in my opinion (just my opinion) it kinda sounds like you might have air in your lines somewhere thats hiding, gets pushed down when you use the brakes, still feeling good, then creeps back or gets stuck somewhere important on its return trip, making them feel bad....but idk...half the time im just blowing smoke ;) (and if i am, some one call me on it please...im a lil :cookoo:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, try this:

Go out, let it build up air pressure and repeatedly pump the brakes. If the pedal comes up and has good feel, you have one of two issues:

1. Air in the hydraulic circuit(s).
2. Shoes need adjusting.

If you pump the brakes and the pedal still acts weird, I'd start thinking airpack issues.

Do a search for power bleeder and you can find recovry4x4's awesome and cheap power bleeder. Makes bleeding the brakes a one man, 20 minute job.

Shoe adjustment is in the TM and in several threads.

Come to the Ga. rally in October with your freshly serviced brakes! :p