• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake hose civilian part number...availability?

MO MV man

Hello all!

I've done numerous searches and came up with nothing so far so......

Is there a civilian (NAPA, Raybestos, etc.) part number for the front and rear brake hoses on a Deuce?

Even an old number would be helpful.
My local store seems to be able to dredge up almost anything so long as they have SOME sort of number to start with.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not as far as I know. You can take a sample to a local hose place and they can make them. They are tested on site...it's the law and their liability, and the will be brand new.

MO MV man

Fantastic.
Thanks, folks.

I spent some quality time at my local parts store, before getting the part number you all provided.
I'm heading back to the store in the morning to ask about that BH41221.

Thanks!! :beer:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a civilian replacement suggested in this thread:
View topic - Break Line (Rubber Hose) Part number for Autozone or Nappa :: Steel Soldiers :: Military Vehicles Supersite
Let us know if it works.
I tried to edit this original thread but it resides on the old site which is currently (I mean, chronically) down.

I believe it was jasonjc who originally posted the information for this Brake Best BH41221 hose. It was marked MADE in USA. I had saved the following picture for future reference.
deuce brake hose part no.jpg

I recently purchased this same part number, (Actually, I had to special order it from my local O'Reilly Auto Parts store. Incidentally, special order requires payment in advance)

I was very disappointed when the part arrived, as it appears that this part is now made in china
auaauaauaauaaua

brake hose china.jpg

I thank Jason for his original research and disclosure on this item, but I wanted to update anyone who had this part number saved on their spares lists to prevent others from a simliar disappointment.

I know I won't be using this hose.

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
ATVCAT (Brent) just stopped by my place and dropped off a new Hose for my friends deuce. We too were going the order the Oriley hose but he had one. They are USA made Military hoses. If you need one give him a PM.... there the same cost just about.

On the china note... you are going to be VERY hard pressed to find any hoses that are made USA besides NOS or Surplus.
With my Oil lines I was able to find all USA made parts but it took some looking.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
. . . . . .

On the china note... you are going to be VERY hard pressed to find any hoses that are made USA besides NOS or Surplus. . . . .
Tell me about it Westy.

The auto parts stores probably dread when I call ( I am refering to calling for parts for civy vehicles mostly).

Here is how it usually unfolds:
I will ask them for a specific part for a specific make/model. They will usually respond with a "yea, we got it, $19.95, or whatever price". I will then explain that I am on a personal crusade to save this country by buying only made in USA parts. They usually laugh and say "good luck".

And I reply, "No, I am serious. Please go back to the stockroom, and put your hands on the box of the part I want, and tell me where it is made". They usually return and say anything but USA. I say thanks, and go on to the next store.
aua

3dAngus

My local NAPA store has all the tooling and hoses and connectors to make just about any kind of hydraulic hose there is. The are much more complicated and heavier duty than brake lines, and I never tried to have them make a brake line, but if they can make a hydraulic hose for a backhoe, I would think they could make it too. I would call NAPA and see if they can just make you one on the spot if you bring yours in. They have made several hydraulic hoses for me for heavy construction equipment and I have never had any leaks regardless of the stress I put on them.

Westech

CPL
And the stinker part is you can take a USA made part that is 30 years old out of the box.. place it next to a new China part that is $2.50 less and you can clearly see witch one is a POS.
You could not beat the USA made parts 20 years ago even today.. the quality was top notch. Today we would rather spend 2.50 twice rather then 4.00 once.

jasonjc

If it helps that hose I got was for a mid to late '70's ford bronco. May be you can cross the brake best to a Wagner# or some other. I found it by looking thought a Wagner illustrated parts book.
And do not try to get the 2 copper washer for the banjo bolt on the wheel cyclinders from oreilly either. They think that the two sizes are close enough to the same to be replaced with one size! WTF!
O'reilly on my s!th list after I got 2 elbows to fix my J pipe. They told me one price when I called but chaged me more when I picked them up :evil: :evil: aua :rant:

Katahdin

My local NAPA store has all the tooling and hoses and connectors to make just about any kind of hydraulic hose there is. The are much more complicated and heavier duty than brake lines, and I never tried to have them make a brake line, but if they can make a hydraulic hose for a backhoe, I would think they could make it too. I would call NAPA and see if they can just make you one on the spot if you bring yours in. They have made several hydraulic hoses for me for heavy construction equipment and I have never had any leaks regardless of the stress I put on them.
My local NAPA that makes hoses would not put one together that was used for brake line due to liability issues.

Another local hose shop couldn't figure out which hose material to use for Dot 5 brake fluid. I ended up just ordering them from ODIron.

jasonjc

I tried to edit this original thread but it resides on the old site which is currently (I mean, chronically) down.

I believe it was jasonjc who originally posted the information for this Brake Best BH41221 hose. It was marked MADE in USA. I had saved the following picture for future reference.
View attachment 247139

I recently purchased this same part number, (Actually, I had to special order it from my local O'Reilly Auto Parts store. Incidentally, special order requires payment in advance)

I was very disappointed when the part arrived, as it appears that this part is now made in china
auaauaauaauaaua

View attachment 247140

I thank Jason for his original research and disclosure on this item, but I wanted to update anyone who had this part number saved on their spares lists to prevent others from a simliar disappointment.

I know I won't be using this hose.

I just got a Wagner BH41221 from Amazon for about $10 and it was MADE in USA in 2019 :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks