• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake light issue. At a loss

springbok

I am having an issue with my drivers side brake light. The right one works fine but the left one is very dim. I replaced the light switch to start. No luck. I tried 3 different LED tail lights. Same thing. Turn signal works fine. Hazard light works fine. Just the brake light. I tested the trailer plug and plug B (left brake light) looked to have 24v. Any ideas???

springbok

Only getting 6V at the light when I hit the brake(only on left side). Turn signal works fine. I changed the turn signal switch. Nothing. Jumped the brake switch. Nothing. Any ideas.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What voltage before the light.
See if your losing the volts before the light or in the light.

springbok

After checking the trailer plug I get 6v there also. Was dark last night so my mistake. I am really at a loss I guess I have to trace it all the way back to the turn signal switch

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The same 461 wire goes to the turn signal control that powers the same bulb for brake and turn.

springbok

Fixed. Seems that the turn signal lever was bad and to make the newer type of lever to work you have to remove the bulb and put in an LED one. Ahhhhhh thanks for everyone's help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks