• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Light Switch Upgrade Question

JCKnife

I tried calling UCOM; press 1 for sales I get Linda's voice mail. Left a message couple hours ago, haven't heard anything yet.

Does anyone know for sure that this company will sell single units to individuals?

Does anyone else have the upgrade kit in stock?

Hey JCKinfe, I don't see a upgrade "kit" in stock, but when I did my conversion a couple weeks ago, I only used two parts out of the upgrade kit. The air brake pressure switch, and the " T ". I threw all the rest of the parts in my bolt box as I didn't need them.
When I did my conversion, I unscrewed the airline, screwed in the " T " with the center hole pointing down. Then I screwed the airline into the end of the " T ". Next I screwed my brake air pressure switch to the bottom of the " T ".
Then I looked at the electrical connection, and cut off the old plug, and just redone the two wire electrical connections with new connectors, and the job was done! I can take a couple pics of mine tomorrow if it will help, just let me know.

Instead of waiting for a "kit" to become available, You could just save some $$ if you just buy the switch by itself, then get a pack of mil connectors (if you don't already have some). Then just go to homedepot and get a simple 3/8" brass " T ". You might also pick up an 3/8" male-to-male coupler just in case you need to change one of the female ports on the " T " connector to male for your air line to screw onto.
And a simple brass plug, so that you can "plug" the hole where the old hydraulic brake switch went. And That's all you should need.

You can see the " T " in this picture of the kit for reference purposes:
Brake Light Air Operated Switch Upgrade Kit For M35A2, 12255668

The Brake air switch by itself is in stock here:
Brake Light Air Operated Switch, M35/M54/M809/M939 etc, 11602160

And a 10 pack of the mil electrical connectors are here:
Rubber Shell Connectors (qty 10) MS27144-1

The " T " Connector, plug, and any other brass adapters you need, you can get from homedepot or other local hardware stores.

This is the way I would go if I had to do it over again, as it is cheaper than the "kit", and you have 8 more mil wire connectors left over to use elsewhere :)

Just my 2cents hope it helps!
~ Peace

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks