• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake lights out/black out lights on

cobia2017

Driving home yesterday and out of nowhere, dash lights, head lights, brake lights and turning signals go out...get home, and three fuses blown: 30 amp main lights fuse , 10 am stop and tail lights fuse and 5 am B.O. markers. Replaced them all, and now when I press the brake I get no brake light and its 10 amp fuse immediately blows. Also, with fuses replaced, the black out lights stay on constantly and I am unable to turn them off via the black out light dash switch. The brake light switch at the brake pedal is good also. Thoughts?

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you find the fault before you changed the fuses?

You did find the fault before you installed the fuses ... right?

If you just put three new fuses in the problem that blew the old ones still exists, and the CUCV fuse panels are a known weak point. Proceed with caution.

nyoffroad

I would start with a good visual check of the wiring starting at the tail lights and work my way forward, somewhere you have a dead short. Come to think about it, I'd start at the switch and fuse panel and work my way back.

cucvrus

That leg of the fuse box is a weak often overheated area. CUCVRUS Repair Projects | Page 17 | SteelSoldiers
I have opened up the fuse box and eliminated the stock fuse holders on a few CUCV's. They have been overheated and keep getting hot over time. I replaced the light fuse and the brake light fuse with an inline sealed fuse. I hope that helps. Good Luck. Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks