• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake lights wont go off

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

Here is a wierd one for ya.

My buddy's decue, the brake lights are on all the time.. It's not the light switch in the cab, we swapped that out with 2 known good ones... When the air bleeds down when the air tanks are drained, the lights go off... It starts building air pressue, the lights come on and stay on. Doesnt matter if you hit the brake pedal, they just stay on... It's also not "wires got swapped when he replaced the tail lights either, he double chekced the wiring...

Any ideas? He has replaced the hydralic switch with the air one that is in the PS magazine....

Other than that, the brakes work great....

Mark

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like he installed the air switch on the wrong air line.(ie switch is in the air supply line not the output air to the booster)

Here is the PS page with a picture that might help... http://shortlinks.net/sdu619

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He just sent me a picture of the airpack... He installed the switch on the wrong side of the airpack air lines.......

Thanks for the quick help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks