• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Line

dk8019

So off to IKEA today with the M109A3 to get some furniture. I get up early to do my walk around and check everything out pretty well. So I decided to check my brake fluid this morning, I went about the regular routine of removing the small line to the top of the reservoir, remove the cap, fluid level is where it was last time, put it back together and I see that the small line going back into the top has a crack in it! No big deal, I remove the line, cut the end back flare it and put it back together. As I'm laying under the truck I start to wonder, this line doesn't seem to have brake fluid in it, so what does it do? So what does it do?? It's number 3 on the picture attached. It runs down to a larger line that runs forward and aft. Also, why did they make it such a pain in the butt to check the brake fluid. Given the design of the system, you would think there would be an indicator on the dash to show you the fluid level. Sure who be more important than the air filter meter...

Attachments

jasonjc

That is a vent line. One of my truck has it replaced with a vent off an axle. And yes it is a big pain in the butt. It has to do with the truck being able to go under water.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also attach a remote reservoir to that and check the fluid somewhere else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks