• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake m/c

drmeece

When my 72 deuce was delievered the brakes were out..No fluid in the m/c..He said they worked fine just a couple of weeks before...Anyway I don't see eveidence of a wheel cylinder leaking and when I filled the m/c and got under the truck and pulled on the brake peddel I can hear a gussing sound in the bellhousing...Is this normal..Also I don't hear any air releasing like I would on my bus with regular air brakes..I haven't bled the brakes yet..

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
if it was empty you have a leak you need to fix before you drive it since it has single circuit brakes. you do not have air brakes, just air assist. the sound is probably comming from somewhere else and just sounds like it is in the bell housing as there is no connection that i can think of.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sound could be comming from the blow-by tube. If the M/C is vented to the rest of the vents, it will push air and fluid out the tube.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks