• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake parts

FreightTrain

Banned
OK,Before I call Saturn,Does anyone have an extra banjo bolt or two and an inner and outter Copper gasket for the banjo bolt?I need one ASAP and Napa turned up nothing,My new Wheel Cylinders didn't come with them and the truck ate the old ones....I am sure i will find them once I get the new one installed and brakes bled......

houdel

Call around all your local auto parts stores (not NAPA). Ask if they carry "DORMAN" parts. Dorman is a supplier of all sorts of misc auto hardware parts. When I changed my oil filters, one of the red fiber gaskets at the top of the cannister decided to leak, no matter what I did. Went to the local Parts Plus store, he found the correct gasket in his Dorman parts bin, cost my all of about $0.25 for the new gasket. I'm sure Dorman has oll the banjo bolts and compression washers you'll ever need.

JDToumanian

Here's the dimensions of the 2 copper washers, if it will help you find them at a hardware store or fastener shop... I am doing wheel cylinders soon and I got my copper washers from Saturn.

O.D. 13/16" x I.D. 5/8" x 1/32" thick

O.D. 13/16" x I.D. 17/32" x 1/32" thick

Regards,
Jon

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is a more than 2 year old thread, but I figured better to post on this one than create a new one.

Does anybody know any kind of part number for the brake line banjo bolts on a Deuce?

I know they're 1/2-20 and are somewhat peculiar because of the shank/fluid hole placement. I tried the above mentioned Dorman, but couldn't find any banjo bolts at all in any of their catalogs. I did manage to find one banjo bolt at a local brake & clutch shop, but it was the last one they had and came out of their refurbish pile.

On a side note, the -20 TM calls for 65 ft lbs of torque to be put on the banjo bolts. I snapped one in half trying to get to that torque and crushed the heck out of the copper washers as well!

Boatcarpenter

Hey TexR,
In my on-board parts dept. in the Deuce, I found the following.
NAPA #1242
Copper Gasket
On another box:
0738 (10)
Bleeder screw
If you are into the brakes anyway, good time to replace the bleeder if it has been buggered, as many have.
As I recall, my NAPA did not stock them so I had to buy a full box of ten,(not a bad idea to have them around anyway).
Hope this helps,
BC

Keith_J

Hey TexR,
In my on-board parts dept. in the Deuce, I found the following.
NAPA #1242
Copper Gasket
On another box:
0738 (10)
Bleeder screw
If you are into the brakes anyway, good time to replace the bleeder if it has been buggered, as many have.
As I recall, my NAPA did not stock them so I had to buy a full box of ten,(not a bad idea to have them around anyway).
Hope this helps,
BC
I will check locally for Tex. The bleeders are fine, they were filled with junk but cleared out just fine. In my haste, I might have reversed the gaskets :oops:. I usually get away with flipping them so the ringed sides are against the flat surfaces (bolt and wheel cylinder). But any dirt will screw them up. And copper has been known to season crack when exposed to certain chemicals.

EDIT: That NAPA number is for a 9/16" ID, 13/16" OD washer 1/32" thick. This is too small according to the above dimensions, should be 5/8". The other gasket (bolt side) is a 17/32" ID, this is NAPA #UP 3877.

I am going to get a bunch of these for my tool box.

Last edited:

TexRdnec

no napa parts stores near me so i went to oreillys, advanced and auto zone.

i found ONE ****ed washer.

the auto zone match for the innermost washer is:

484-182.1
1/2"x13/16"
banjo blt washer
0 19495 84182 1

least that's what it says on the package. closest i found for the outermost was a 17/32x13/16 so i'm gonna try to drill it out tomorrow and make it work. no telling though, it's alot thicker but that should make drilling it out be less of a pain....

Keith_J

Well, I will pick up the correct ones and bring them down next trip, OK?

The copper is soft so drilling may not work as it is hard to hold. However, a taper reamer or Dremel with abrasive bit should work. Deburr as needed.

The key installation note is keep the surfaces clean.

jasonjc

The Wagner P/N for the washers is F602 and F603. Do not try to get these from O'Reillys! They cross both of these to HDW9452. There bean counters think that they are close to the same size that you only need the one size not both! This was a year or so ago they may have fix it I do not know.

e551098

After reading through all of this I didnt see where anyone posted where one could get a new banjo bolt.

Any suggestions ? OD Iron didnt have any.