• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake pedal

ajg6989

the brake pedal on my deuce gets more pressure as you step on it . I always have brakes but as you step on them more and more the pedal goes down less and less. At first it comes close to the floor after about three stabs its just a 1" travel and the brakes lock. wondering if its a problem or?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would say the system either needs bleeding or a minor adjustment.

MrAugust

mine dose same... so how do you bleed them? i was low on flud and since then its been soft for a start then harder as you go on... still stops on a dine like...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
so how do you bleed them?
Do a search by "bleed' in the deuce forum and there are a couple of good threads. Kenny and Bjorn have built pressure bleeders for a few bucks...all the info is there....

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine does the same thing. First stab at the pedal, goes to a mark on the pedal shaft that comes up thru the floor, about 2 1/2 inches from the floor, the brake lights come on when it's almost to that point. Any time after that, the pedal is only 1- 1 1/2 inches from the top of the stroke and the lights come on as soon as the pedal is depressed. Thought that this might be normal since they have been bled and the adjustment chacked and are within specs as per the TM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks