• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BRAKE SWITCH UPGRADE KIT

ozarkflyer

I just ordered this kit from Saturn - to replace a bad old style switch - my search skills seem to be lacking - can someone please point me the way to the thread with installation instructions? - if it does not exist - can anyone lay it out for me - pictures would be nice :D

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My kit had the instructions in it...I think. If they are there I will see about getting them in the TM section.

dabtl

The change over is easier if the 90 degree bend is done with a male/female bend rather than the one provided in the kit. This is a fairly simple conversion.

dabtl

I made reference to that page on several occasions.

The hardest for me was the wiring of the connectors due to the poor condition of the wires. I remedied that fairly quickly.

Using the male/female 90 degree bend made the work much easier, also.

I now have brake lights! No flasher or turn, yet, but I have not finished grounding everything. It is looking more and more like the ground on the flasher is not good. But, as it is 97 now, I will wait till this late afternoon to check that out.