• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake switch

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got to looking at why my brake lights don't work. It looks like the switch on my master cylinder is bad. Do we have a part # or know who stocks those? I guess I will call Saturn on Monday.

Boatcarpenter

On a brake light switch that was bad on my deuce the numbers read as follows;
Fasco Industries No73321
Ord No7064588
Don't know if those #'s will help or not.
BC

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Jeff you are correct! My current setup is the "before" pic. Any reason to not look for a replacement? I think that would be easier at a supply house than the upgrade.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got tired of those switches failing. So i took a piece of angle iron and clamped it to the brake pedal arm. I drilled a hole in the angle and put a brake switch for a 82 chevy truck in it. Then i wired 2 blade connectors to 2 male pin connectors and plugged them in. The switch is now held aginst the bottom of the floorboard. Now when i step on the pedal the switch is actavated by from taking it away from the floor. So the lights come on as soon as i touch the pedal. Not when i push hard enough to start braking. I can get tailgators to back off with out slowing down. The chevy switch was $5 and much easier to find.

bottleworks

Saturn has the NSN 2530-01-105-5025 upgrade kit. Listed @ $38.50. The upgrade makes your truck have one less thing that could cause a hydraulic leak/failure.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken, could you post a picture or two of your brake switch modification? That sounds like an easy and reasonable fix for the hydraulic brake light switch replacement. Did you remove and plug the original switch? This also eliminates the possible leaking issue, like the upgrade kit does.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks