• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake system

jimm1009

I troubleshot my brake light system and found that my hydraulic brake switch (old style) has failed.
I know that there is a PS Magazine article on the conversion to the Air Brake Switch but practicly speaking, where can you order the entire kit? The electrical connections are the easy parts but what about the rest?
I ordered and received a new style air activated switch but there is an adapter fitting that is required to add the brake switch a retain the air line that is currently installed in that port by itself.
Has anyone had success with ordering the entire kit or is it something that I will have to piece together?
:roll:
jimm1009

DieselBob

Thanks dabtl for the intel on the Saturn kit. I was planning on upgrading mine in the near future and figured their kit was the way to go.

jwaller

got mine from saturn too. jay is the man and the job was easy. only 1 harness connector to change.

I did have to get a plug from the store to supplement the kit and plug the hole where the old switch was.

Garandfan

Little trick I had to learn the hard way...Put a little tool oil inside the air switch. It frees up that diaphram that has been sitting for however many years. Might as well get yourself a turn signal relay too!