• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brakes and Boots.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, after a little bit of sleep, I decided I should get to work on the front brakes and knuckle boots. Got it jacked up and torn down pretty fast, started cleaning things, well, found the reason for the notchy feeling rt front wheel and found out what the noise was.That put a stop to things fairly fast. No biggie, I'll just do the knuckle boots. Got the rt side off, looks good, no H2O or dirt, suprisingly, the zipper was debonded from the boot and the boot was split in two places. Got the inner clamp on w/o a fuss, but the outer, that's different story! I was sweating so bad and there was so much grease on the boot and clamp, that as soon as I get one side on, the other side pops off. Guess I need soldier B and C!

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
having the boots clean and dry will help a lot. lots of rags, wipe all grease off everything, and pull the boot around spindle groove. usually takes a couple of tries.

Barrman

Wheel Cylinder cover maybe, but that is all I can see that doesn't look pretty good for a used set of brakes. That wheel cylinder piston looks to be in great shape.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HA! I got the boot. Went out when it was a bit cooler and I wasn't so slipery with sweat, and got the boot on the 2nd try. Had to hold the boot and clamp with my left hand, hold the wrench in my mouth, and tightened it right on up! The hub wasn't loose, I have had the front up a few times and have a habit of checking the play. The wheel just stopped faster and was a bit notchy when you spun it. I figured there was a junk bearing, but didn't get one comming. I'll get two tomorrow, I have a couple outers, so, if it's cooler after I get home from the grind, I'll get it together and do the other side...well, start it any way.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The grooves are clean. I was surprised how clean it was inside the boot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks