• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bridge Truck boom power

derby

Does anyone know the lifting force of a bridge truck boom? What do the bridge sections weigh? I may have an idea for the boom and would like to know what it is capable of.

m139h2otruck

There is a TM in the Tech Manuals for the M812 truck and bridge system that gives all the specs on the parts/pieces. I read it, but did not download. From memory, I think the winch is at least 10,000 pounds.

m139h2otruck

Not trying to hy-jack this post, but I thought I would put up some pictures of our truck so others would know what we were talking about.

The two biggest problems with the M812 is the width (over 11 feet) and how high the cargo/bed would be if you use the boom as it sits.

Attachments

m139h2otruck

By the way, the truck was running in these photos (at idle) and had only just been started. I think the speedo is original, and only shows 5800 miles or so.

derby

Hey those are great pic's ,explains alot to someone who has not seen one in action. I was actually wondering what the boom would lift not the winch. I was wondering if it had the power to lift a load of dirt,stone if there were a bed attached to it. I will try the TM but have never had any luck opening them.

m139h2otruck

The TM talks about hooking a 2nd truck to the front of the loading/unloading truck to hold the front on the ground during operations! So I would guess that the boom is strong enough to hoist a load of dirt in a body. How do you plan to handle the height and width issues?

derby

The height is really the only problem for me,as the width can be adjusted by my plasma cutter.I guess I will not be using it for hay rides so the height might be ok,besides it will help spread it from the long drop!

OSO

I like your thinking on width problem ! [thumbzup] I have a 1953 Bridge truck gasser with flat bed /stake sides . Would like to make it a little narrower in width, but keep the stake pocket locks. I have no boom mast on mine just a 18' flat deck. OSO

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derby, if you're having problems with the TMs here, there is a glitch. When you locate the TM, right click on it and save it to your computer, it will open that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks